Wonderful people wander into our lives. Some stay for years and some only for seconds. Each day you experience a multitude of moments that make their imprint on your life. Like a flitting dragonfly, skimming so close to the water, we traverse through our routines each day. We pay no notice to the beauty of chance instants…the instants that make us exhale, make us smile, give us joy for a brief twinkling.

Today I begin to share my moments with you. Today I promise to savor my moments.



Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Honey, time marches on and eventually you realize it is marchin' across your face.

Ok, so "Steel Magnolias" is a movie I have somehow grown into.

Didn't plan it that way. However, along Life's path I have found a bit of Truvy (Dolly Parton)...a lot of M'lynn (Sally Field)...some Shelby (Julia Roberts)...bunches of Claree-according to my loved ones (Olympia Dukakis)...and I've seen Ouiser (Shirley McClain) in my mom forever...now Ouiser is slipping into my Life Attitude, slowly but steadily. I understand and appreciate her sarcastic & pessimistic soul more each glorious day!

For those of you who have not seen the movie, you should. For those of you who haven't and you're female, you need to. If you haven't seen it, you are female AND you live under the Mason Dixon Line, shame on you-part of your heritage is missing!

Go watch and let me know which Magnolia you are a bloomin' into these days!

No comments:

Post a Comment